Card Collectors World

www.cardcollectorsworld.com banner

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tebow's Responses

Both McDaniels and Tebow were questioned about how things are going around camp and these were Tebow's responses.

On whether he was telling his agent to hurry and get the contract done: “(Laughing) We were definitely trying to push and get out here – I was – and I was blessed, though, with a great front office here and a great agent that handled everything and got it done, and now I’m out here and I don’t have to worry about anything except playing football.”

On whether he feels that he’s behind: “I think so, I’ve got to catch up on the installs that I missed and just keep working, but that’s something that I can control – my work ethic and just studying and trying to catch up, so I’ll look forward to that challenge.”

On whether it’s a similar feeling to when he was a freshman at the University of Florida: “Well, it’s a little bit different being an NFL player rather than being a freshman in college, but you still get that feeling of just being new to everything and trying to learn and understand it and just trying to grow as fast as you can, so there are some similarities.”

On handling pressure: “Well, I think I’ve had somewhat pressure on me the last few years and I don’t really ever think about it, because all I worry about is what I can control and that’s my attitude, my effort and my focus. Those are all things that I can control – I can’t control anything else, so I’m really not going to spend much time worrying about it.”

On the difficulty of not being able to participate in practice on Wednesday or Thursday: “I’ll tell you what bothered me – my teammates out here practicing and I wasn’t out here, and I was looking forward to getting out there and just being with the team and not being separated or not being different. I was really looking forward to getting out here.”

On his expectations for camp: “I’ve talked to a lot of veterans here, other veterans that I know around the league and different coaches and just tried to get a feel for what it’s going to be like – how to prepare myself, my body, my mind, everything, the right nutrition program, the right rest program – all those things, just to handle it the right way.”

On his conversations with McDaniels: “Well, we talk a lot, so there were a lot of conversations, but obviously he wanted me out here and I wanted to be here, so it was just a matter of everybody just finishing it.”

On whether he’s focused more on mechanics or learning the playbook: “Well, I’m definitely focused on the playbook, but I’m also focused on mechanics, my drops, my footwork, learning a new offense, the play-action fakes we’ve got, the different stuff that I’m not used to from college, and so it’s a combination of both, definitely.”

On former Broncos QB John Elway downplaying the importance of mechanics: “Well sometimes it definitely can be (overemphasized) because like he said, at the end of the day it’s if you can get it to the receiver or not and how quickly you can get it to him, so I think it definitely improves your game. It can help, but also, you've just got to be able to get it there.”

On whether he’s looking forward to contact: “(Laughing) I am looking forward to it – it may be a negative of mine is that I look forward to that and I’m a quarterback so you kind of have to stay calm, but it is fun once Sunday gets out here and everybody is hitting - I’ll get excited too.”

I just glad the contract issues are done and behind him. Now Tebow can show the Veterans of the team that he means business and to prove to them that he can play to their expectations. I think that once Tebow makes his first rundown of a defensive player, everyone will know he has arrived :).

He was smart in talking to everyone in order to find out what to expect when he arrives to camp. Its best to be prepared as much as possible before hand then find out all the surprises when you get there.

I am looking forward to when the first video's go online of Tebow working out. I am checking every day so when they do I can put them on here.

Speaking of videos I located the page that has Tebow answering these questions.

Tim Tebow's Video Responses

No comments:

Post a Comment